Sinton FFA
  Sign-In  Register

Do you have to raise an animal?
No. But you do have to have and SAE (Supervised Agriculture Experience) and keep records in AET. 
(The Agriculture Experience Tracker system)

What is AET?
The Agriculture Experience Tracker is an online record keeping system used to track the students SAE records, class time activities and experiences during their FFA career. Go to for more information. All high school FFA students  are given time every Friday in class to maintain these required time and financial journals. All feed, etc and time spent on SAE's are entered in the AET weekly. Jr members are not required to keep AET records until HS.

Do I have to pay FFA Dues?
Yes. We pay National, State, Area & District dues to cover all our events. Since you must have an SAE according to Texas Education Agency standards, you can also apply your SAE to awards, scholarships and other recognitions in FFA.
At this time Taft FFA is an affiliation chapter meaning that Taft FFA pays high school members dues to State and National FFA Associations. Other dues may be charged to cover District and Area fees.

What is a Jr FFA member?
A Taft ISD student 3rd-8th grade may join the Sinton Jr FFA. See the page under "Who are we?" to learn more.

I want to show a market animal at the San Patricio A&H Show in Sinton in January.
Market animals are shown to be fed as a terminal project. Market steers, lambs, goats and pigs have what's called a tag in in the beginning of the project feeding period. See the Taft FFA Facebook/ Emails for the tag in, show dates and other details on specific species. The Ag Teachers will help you if you need assistance weighing, feeding, hauling to tag in or show, etc. After the tag in the exercise program can be started. In the beginning we just grow the animal. Keeping them fed daily and keep fresh water at all times. Deworm the animals monthly. For questions about obtaining animals, showing, etc. please contact an Ag Science Teacher.

What other shows can I show animals at?
There are also local shows, jackpot shows, sanctioned shows, prospect shows and major shows.
Local shows like San Patricio A&H Show are shows that you take your animal to for practice & awards. 
San Pat A&H Show is both a market and a breeding show.

There are many jackpot/prospect or sanctioned shows every weekend you can attend on your own. Just as you could choose to get some extra batting practice in at a batting cage or trainer on your own dime and time you can do the same in FFA. 

A major show is Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo, etc.
All major show animals require much more intensive entry details. See the HLSR or San Antonio websites for dates, fees, weight requirements, etc.

How can I contact an Agriculture Science Teacher?
You can email or call the Ag Science Teachers when you are ready to join or if you have any questions. Their information is on the Contact Us page of this website!


 Website designed by: Wieghat Graphics